31.1.05

passionate for jesus...

am i passionate for jesus? i love jesus, but am i really passionate for him right now? i spoke with a friend from BC yesterday and was completely blown away by the passion he has for jesus.... all he could do was give non-stop testimony to what god has been doing in his life. scripture and praise bubbled forth from this guy who just three years ago seemed to be plodding through bibleschool in sweden, trying to stay on top of his first love of basketball, and dealing with family issues a continent away.
and i suddendly realized that i so badly want that same passion, or i want to be back in that place of passion... i want my life to give testimony to the goodness and faithfulness of god, i want to bubble over with joy and praise, i want jesus to be my first love. may he remove the fog of the world from me so i can see clearly.... i'm terrified that my own wants and desires in this life overshadow my wants and desires for the lover of my soul.
lord, loosen my tongue so i may give praise and glory to your name!
i don't want the rocks to cry out for me! (luke 19:40)

1 comment:

Ems said...

Oh Amy,
You will never know how much those words have just hit home for me, I feel as though all I am doing at the moment is hitting this brick wall and not getting very far in anything. I so want that passion, a passion that stems from first love, from an understanding that I feel I haven't even grasped yet.