12.10.06

oddness

ever wake up and go through a series of events that are just plain odd? i mean, it's almost as if you are in a twilight zone at times.... this morning, i was late, late, late..... my shoelaces were all knotted up (a conspiracy of my cats???) and as i walked out of the door, behold, there was snow on my car!

yes, friends, SNOW.... the first of the season!!!

it's bizarre to see snow on the ground and flying in the air amidst the green (yes, still green, not orange, reds & yellows) of the trees! three or four houses down from me, a huge tree came down..... and i didn't hear a thing... usually, that's pretty loud.... and the rest of the day was just kind of strange.... seeing people you don't expect.... or overhearing a snippet of conversation that doesn't fit in anywhere into your day.

on another note, the college handed out pedometers to all benefit eligible employees.... yes, we are on a wellness kick and i should be averaging 10,000 steps a day.... the day with this thing today began at 10am.... and now... what 11 hours later, i've walked an embarassing 4,500 steps... i better pick it up! hahahah - as some of you might know, this little "tool" surely is sparking some competition between kendra, habeeb, and i. now, we are trying to take the longest routes around campus, are fighting to take the mail, and are jogging in one spot to add steps (yes, kendra is the queen!!!) hahahahahaha......

for today, i think habeeb won.

alrighty folks, it's homecoming weekend and several friends have crashed my house.... it'll be a weekend full of memories, activities, laughter, and who knows what else....... i'll keep ya'll posted!!!

2 comments:

Ems said...

I am giggling here sitting on the sofa as I have a vision of Kendra jogging on the spot as often as possible!!!

Anonymous said...

That pedometer-thin just makes me laugh when I think of you running around the office fighting for who's gonna win today's competition.

Do you know "Judging Amy"? A few wekks ago I watched it and one character (Amy's mom) got a pedometer as a present to fight her heart problems through regular physical activity and was also required to reach this goal of 10,000 steps a day (must be the thing to do in the US these days...). So in the evening she walks around her kitchen counting her steps "9, 980; 9,981, 9,982...oh, guess I have to go to bed now, that'll take me these 18 steps I've left...otherwise I'll have to sleep down here..."

So watch out Amy, always try to have left enough steps to make it home...otherwise, you'll not only be in the office during the day, but will end up sleeping there... ;-)

*laugh* (okay, maybe I'm the only one to think this is funny...nevermind...I guess if this doesn't make you laugh, just think of me, the guy and the puddle)

Mel