9.10.06

bizarre epiphany?

the most random thought fleeted through my head as i was brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed.

it is "easier" for me to talk to god on behalf of others rather than talk to god about myself - my heart, my desires, my pain.... it's as if i don't know how to put things into words before the lord and i stop my thoughts from developing any further. yet, committing others into god's care is completely different.

why is that? is anyone else familiar with this feeling?

2 comments:

Ems said...

I soooooooooo know what you're talking about!
I always find it easier to petition for others than myself and am often not honest with God in what I need or desire......for me I often think it's about control.....can I trust God enough with my hurts, dreams, pain.....intellectually I know I can....sometimes its just difficult telling my heart that......
Have no idea if this is what you were talking about!!
~Love ya~

Malcolm said...

I have that too. I think I feel more altruistic when I pray for others than when I pray for what I want....almost as if it's selfish that I have hopes and dreams but it's ok for others to have them. I think that if I focus on my hopes and dreams too much I'll get frustrated with God so it might be easier to just avoid dealing with them. :) Great question though.