10.10.06

fall rituals

as i teen i used to argue with my mom about wanting to bring in the firewood.... to her it was probably something my dad and brothers should have done, but i was a strong believer in equal rights and knew that if i were to carry the firewood every so often into the house, my brothers might get a fair turn at doing dishes or ironing (though the latter was virtually impossible!).

now that i have my own home, i can carry firewood to my hearts delight.... as well as stack it. a chord of wood was delivered to my house tonight and it took me all but 1.5 hours to stack.... i finished just minutes before the rain started to fall..... a chord of wood is enough to make my back ache... i guess i'll pay for it tomorrow. you know, sometimes you know you ought to take a break but then stubbornness kicks in and i knew i had to get this wood put away.... i hate it when something hangs over my head like that.....






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should come and visit you just so I can curl up in front of your fire...the thought of all that wood is ever so enticing!

otomotis said...

mi casa es tu casa!!!! come any time!!! :)

Ems said...

Wow!! You go girl!! I am so proud of you.
I know what you mean about the stubornness; it's almost as if you don't mind the pain the next day as it's physical proof of all the hard work you've put in!
I want to see a roaring fire when I walk into your living room on 11/22!!
~Love ya~

Sue said...

oooooooooooh i want to visit you and your fire!!! (and your cats, crazy cat lady, teehee)

love you girl, take care!
--The lonely sue (moose hunting season)