3.9.06

hawks

every once in a while, we become privy to seeing something grand... maybe it's the striking blue of a little butterfly that still has the courage to emerge at the end of the summer, the brilliant orange of a lily, or holding a newborn baby,.... whatever it is, i believe that it's a gift from god... and that he wants us to stop and look around us in amazement.....

i had one of those moments today.....

i had just settled into a chair by my patio door when strudel (my cat) started chasing shadows in the sunlight streaming onto the floor next to me... curious to know what the shadows were, I got up and went outside.... there above my home in the clearing i saw 20-22 hawks having the most amazing ritual. the hawks were soaring in one circle - half of them clockwise and the other half counter-clockwise. it was stunning. they were perfect in their movements - hardly ever varying from their tight circle.... just soaring....peaceful.... circular.... perfect symetry.... i watched them for about 5 minutes, before they suddendly dispersed into all different directions. each taking off in a different direction.... it was truly amazing..... beautiful.

i came back into the house just slightly stunned and awed by the grace and beauty i had seen....

1 comment:

Ems said...

I know exactly what you mean about God wanting us just to look around and recognise the beauty and glory that He has created...like when I was on the beach with hundreds of jelly fish, each different...standing in the woods with a hare only 4 feet away from me...wow...praise Him!