21.12.04

coconut trees, goodbyes, and latin spice...

another change in season ~ another season of change... and it should be good, i think.

i usually like to think of myself as an optimistic person when it comes to dealing with change. yet, i also recognize that whenever i stand at the threshold of change, i have to take a big gulp (and perhaps force my feet a bit) in order to take that step of faith into the unknown. the only consistent known is the faithfulness and sovereignty of the lover of my soul. in him, my refuge i find.

and so, i marvel that change is a human experience. it comes with lonliness, sadness, pain, fear at times, but also with anticipation, excitement, joy, vulnerability, laughter, peace, faith, and hope.

and it should be good, i think.

i took my friend, dennis, to the airport this morning... he's 33 and he's flying to malaysia to climb a coconut tree to prove his love for a lady. change lies in the air...

i said goodbye to my friend, hannah, yesterday... she's moving down-south, once again, packing up, moving on, and wondering 'why now?' change lies in the air...

i said goodbye to my friend, christen, who leaves for greece for 3 months.... she wonders what the lord will do in those three months of her life and what she will come back to. change lies in the air...

i search my heart for an answer to the many questions stirred by a caballero de mexico. change lies in the air...

and it should be good, i think.

search me, o GOD, and know my heart;
try me and know my anxious thoughts;
and see if there be any hurtful way in me,
and lead me in the everlasting way.
ps. 139:23, 24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Change... know exactly what you mean. - C