24.9.04

anonymously...

hey, do you ever feel like you want to start all over? to just pack up, move some place where noone knows you, where you can disappear, and start out all over again?

i wonder what it feels like to be unknown? does that mean you are not popular? or would it give you more freedom?

your definition should not lie in who you are to other people.

(and yes, i do know that we are not created to live in solitude... that's not what i mean.... i think i mean "anonymously".... - can you really live "anonymously" without being a hermit? and how long can one be anonymous before one has a friend?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What brought this about? -C

Anonymous said...

In my humble opinion, one can live for as long as one chooses "anonymously". Although we are forced into human interaction with one another on a daily basis, we generally make the actual choice to engage in that interaction. If we chose, I think we would find that we could actually live for days without speaking a word. (Depending, of course, on one's profession)

Warning: Packing up, moving, and starting over eventually loses it's appeal.

--Your MI-turned-DC-turned-UK buddy. Lovin' greetings.

Ems said...

I can so see where you are coming from. I crave solitude and anonymity at times.

More than that I crave the simple ways of life. To not be surrended by the technology and affluence that westernised countries enjoy. I am sitting in an open plan office at the moment listening to phones and faxes going, people talking and the team behind us packing up to move to another office so duct tape being ripped and boxes and crates moved and all I want to do is go sit on a mountain somewhere. To leave behind my mobile, my diary, my car and just to walk. to be alone for a while.

Thouh I have to admit it is great to be among such great friends I crave a newness, where no one knows my past or assumes they know me because they knew my parents. Though I would miss not being acknowledged when walking down the street. I visited London about 6 months ago for a weekend and realised how much I disliked the individuality and cut throat atomosphere that that city has.

Hmmmm....haven't really made any sense there, I blame it on work....it's sendin me mad.

Your goofy welsh friend xx