9.8.04

the invasion...

sigh.... i didn't expect to take a stroll down memory lane - especially not down the overgrown, forgotten path leading back to ejhs. but how could i not remember those "fond" cold nights, sitting on hard bleachers, wrapped in a blanket, trying to balance my attention on the latest marching band formation and "that" cute boy down on the sidelines of the football field - dreaming of him walking with his football helmet in hand towards me declaring his undying love for me..... UNTIL my fantasy land is shattered by a blur of red and black screeching skirts bellowing out the latest cheer...

YES, indeed, what would cause me to take such a walk into the past.... i don't suppose it has anything to do with 100 or so screeching high schoolers outside my office window, trying to out-d0 the other team in noise pollution as they learn the latest style of pyramid formation, backward flips, and toe touches...

alas, my head pounds with new cheers and i'm suddendly a fired up fan of the bucketeers, tigers, panthers, raiders, and hornets. now all i have to do is go to the game... and continue dreaming about "that" cute football player...


No comments: